Personally, I don't think I would say it is a Christian thing v. a
Muslim thing. Many Muslims from certain backgrounds are still dealing
with the effects of colonialism and Western science and technology. I
think that coming out of a situation like that, it would make sense
that they would find attractive the general idea that amazing bits of
scientific knowledge were at the fingertips of their ancestors 1400
years ago. Actually the Friday sermon today was actually in part about
that (specifically the way that information about fetal development is
found in the Quran).

But I've seen Christians engage in similar techniqes to try to argue
that relativity or atomic science etc. is found in the Bible.

By the same token, there are both Christians and Muslims who believe
in something like creation science.

On the other hand, it is kind of interesting that the number you get
from the proposed calculation actually is sort of close to the speed
of light.

-Gilberto

--
"There are no poets"