Or peharps 1511 or 2001. ;-}

///

Hey Susan, good point, most of Shaykhs and Azalis (about Ghiyath 1511) confine the interpret! ation of their respective messianic prophecies into intrinsic numerological tricks to reject the Báb and Bahá’u’lláh respectively. A scholar said me that in Tablets not yet translated, Bahá’u’lláh links Mustaghath and its number 2001 with the numbers 9 and 19. I know great scholar Stephen Lambden (http://www.hurqalya.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/BAHA'-ALLAH/L-Khalil%20Shirazi.htm) explains about this issue, saying this could refer to future Manifestations, but maybe you can resume it better to us.

> The thing is that it is my understanding that
the Guardian said
> that there
> will always be a Universal House of Justice.

To my knowle! dge he didn't say that in any of his
writings. And as far
as his pilgrim's notes go, they presumed that the
day would not be
followed by night because a future Guardian could
not fail to
recognize the next Manifestation!

///

It is fiction, but there is always short times of messianic concealment. I think in one thousand there will be messianic concealment, a distant descendant of Bahá’u’lláh could claim Guardianship, and this could be that concealment! If this descendant claim Guardianship in MORE than 1000 years, is legally correct, then this “guardian” could be the Manifestation, or lead us to the Manifestation. But I could be wrong, as Susan said: “conjecture is conjecture”.
Please, see this quote of  ‘Abdu’l-Bahá:
"My purpose is this, that ere the expiration of a thousand years, no one has the right to utter a single word, even to claim the station of Guardianship. "The Most Holy Book is the Book to which all peoples shall refer, and in it the Laws of God have been revealed. Laws not mentioned in the Book should be referred to the decision of the Universal House of Justice..." (Compilations, Lights of Guidance, p. 313)

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail") is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.

Correo Yahoo!
Regístrate ya - http://correo.espanol.yahoo.com/ __________________________________________________ You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:archive@mail-archive.com Unsubscribe: send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subscribe: send subscribe bahai-st in the message body to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subscribe: http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/all_forums/subscribe?name=bahai-st Baha'i Studies is available through the following: Mail - mailto:bahai-st@list.jccc.edu Web - http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/?forum=bahai-st News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.net New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.edu