The Baha'i Studies Listserv
> And the Bahai faith affirms a belief in the equality of men and women
> in the same breath that it prohibits women from serving on its highest
> body, prohibits women as the "givers of life" from serving in combat,
> has different rules for women around menstruation and prayer,
> pilgrimage, dowry, inheritance, and other matters.
> The Bahai faith actually isn't all that different.

These are what the House of Justice refers to as negligible
differences. What is not negligible is that unlike Christianity or
Islam women are not expected to be submissive unto men. The  Baha'i
scriptures explicitly state that there should be "no difference in the
education of male and female in order that womankind may develop equal
capacity and importance with man in the social and economic equation."
They further assert that "women will enter all the department of
politics."

The Qur'an on the other hand says:

Men are superior to women on account of the qualities with which God
hath gifted the one above the other, and on account of the outlay they make
from their substance for them. Virtuous women are obedient, careful, during
the husband's absence, because God hath of them been careful.

        (The Qur'an (Rodwell tr), Sura   4 - Women)

While the Bible says:

5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the
head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives
be to their own husbands in every thing. (Ephesians)

It is negligible to me whether I can serve on the House of Justice or
not. It is not negligible to me whether my husband gets to rule over
me.