The Baha'i Studies Listserv
To quote Don C,

According to Baha'u'llah, this is not merely a new Dispensation, but a new age,
the Age of Maturity.  As such, what we are going thru' is the greatest change
to the functioning of human affairs since the mythic "Time of Adam", when the
Culture Hero societies replaced the Mother Goddess societies.  The Adamic Cycle
can be seen as the equivalent of going thru' puberty.  We are now embarking on
our maturity and it is time for us to grow up and take responsibility for our
own affairs instead of waiting for mommy and daddy
(kings/gov'ts/administrators) to tell us what to do.  Rather, the new purpose
of administrators is to remind us, repeatedly and persistently if necessary,
what the proper principles should guide us.  Shoghi Effendi made reference to
this idea many years ago when he told local Assemblies to quit making up rules
to enforce on their members.

Sent from my iPad