The Baha'i Studies Listserv
But by the same token, the Epistle to the Son of the Wolf states that one's
past and *future* sins would be forgiven them if they counted forty waves
while saying, "God is the Most Great" in Akka. There is also the Baha'i
teaching of the progression of the soul after death, so every soul will
eventually be at peace with God - but some may take longer than others,
which is the incentive to live a good life now. It seems like a better deal
than claiming that we get one chance, and one chance only, otherwise we
will spend eternity in Hell. Those are just my thoughts anyway.

"*The Apostle of God—may the blessings of God and His salutations be upon
Him—hath also said: “He that looketh upon the sea at eventide, and saith:
‘God is Most Great!’ at sunset, God will forgive his sins, though they be
heaped as piles of sand. And he that counteth forty waves, while repeating:
‘God is Most Great!’—exalted be He—God will forgive his sins, both past and
future*.”

http://reference.bahai.org/en/t/b/ESW/esw-9.html