The Baha'i Studies Listserv
I don't commit to nothing, yet I study everything. Since I'm not omniscient I
have to study everything. Isn't that what everyone is required to do?

Everyone is required to investigate the claims of all claimants. Baha'u'llah
himself referred to this as the greater Covenant. Humanity is required to study
all the claims of all claimants. Jews have to study all Jewish Messiah
claimants. Christians have to study all Jesus Christ return claimants. Muslims
have to study all Mahdi claimants. Zoroastrians have to study all Saoshyant
claimants. Hindus have to study all Avatar claimants. Buddhists have to study
all Buddha claimants. Bayaniis and Baha'is have to study all Manifestation
claimants.

The Greater Covenant required people to study all claimants extensively rather
than off handedly reject even just one claimant. Baha'is implicitly do things
which break the Greater Covenant by ignoring all claimants no specifically
mentioned in their scriptures which leaves just a dozen or so Manifestations.
Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Muhummad, Bab, and Baha'u'llah for Abrahamic
religions. Krishna and Buddha for Dharmic religions. Zoroaster, Bab, and
Baha'u'llah for Iranian religions. Bab and Baha'u'llah for New Religious
Movements. The Baha'i Faith by these lists are the most recent among Abrahamic,
Iranian, and New Religious Movements. Buddhism is still the most recent Dharmic
religion. Progressive revelation is illustrated by the above four religious
lineages of revelation.

Baha'is present their religion with: God wants everyone to study all claimants.
Baha'u'llah is a claimant. Therefore, God wants everyone to study the Baha'i
Faith. Hidden is that once they study the Baha'i Faith and accept it is that
all studying is over. This doesn't really follow from first premise really. Why
should non-Baha'is study the Baha'i Faith any more that Raëlism, Scientology,
I- Kuan Tao, Adi Dam, Neo-Gnositicism, Ahmadiyya, Mormonism, Swedenborgianism,
Sahaja Yoga, Kafaku no Kagaku, Happy Science, Meher Baba, Lingayatism, Hare
Krishnas, Islam (due to Muhammad being the seal of prophets), etc.

Just look up Wikipiedia.

List of Messiah claimants
List of Avatar claimants
Kalki
List of Buddha claimants
Maitreya

Look up past revisions as well the current pages for potential deleted
claimants.

Sent from my iPad