The Baha'i Studies Listserv
How would public policy me made for example in this hypothetical city, state,
nation, or world?

Imagine religious demographics were:
Atheist, Agnostic, No Religion, Secular 30%
Christian 30%
Muslim 12%
Jewish 6%
Buddhist 4%
Hindu 4%
Folk religion 3%
Sikh 2%
Baha'i 1%
Wicca 1%
Jain 1%
Shinto 1%
Other religions 5%

Now imagine the city-state I imagined up used consultation as a public policy
method. You think consultation is the ideal public policy method. Baha'is don't
have a monopoly on consultation, ancient Greeks did this first. Why must the
Baha'i one percent in this situation that all consultations must conform to
their scripture over and above the ninety nine percent and their scriptures?

Also note, the demographics aren't uniform throughout the city states. Some
areas have as much as 10% Wiccan. Some areas have as much as 20% Hindu. Some
areas have no Christians and no Muslims, due to them abstaining from
neighborhoods they stereotype as sinful whether due to drugs, blood, nature
worship, sex industry, etc. Some areas are completely religious due to
secularists being averse to the high levels of religion in the area. Some areas
are known as Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, and folk districts and hence have a
higher than average amount there.

Consultation is generally known as Athenian Democracy. Let's calls this
city-state either Athena or Minerva due to the democracy reference and a Greece
motif due to Athenian Democracy.

Susan how would you assume this Republic of Athena were to work with
Consultation as its form of government? Why would people want a theocracy where
scripture trumps democracy? Even if it became the Holy Theocratic State of
Athena, why Baha'i scripture if Baha'is are only one percent of the population?
If they wanted a state religion, why the Baha'i Faith given the demographics?

I should also add that overall the Republic of Athena is affirming to
non-heterosexuals, even among the various religious populations of Christians,
Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, and Hindus. Secularists, Folk religionists, Wiccans,
and others are affirming as well. Why should the minority of Sikhs, Baha'is,
Jains, and Shintoists demand society be otherwise given their total of four
percent of the population? So, 96% are affirming.

Wow, this is amazing. I surprised myself with how much data I could extrapolate
from a hypothetical city-state that was a product of a thought experiment.

Sent from my iPad