The Baha'i Studies Listserv
I'm interested to know whether what we've found over here is true all over the
place.  It's been very difficult getting decent numbers to cluster meetings for
quite a few years.  There was a discussion about the subject at a recent
meeting where a couple people expressed aversion to the idea of door knocking
as the reason.  I hadn't thought about this before but it sounds right.  One
person in our community has a monthly deepening on a particular week of the
month, and chose to hold it on the same morning as the expansion phase as a
competing event.

I heard a report from a recent pilgrim about them shutting down the new pilgrim
house and going back to the old because donations are down.  I hope this has no
connection with the door knocking, as I would be less likely to want to join a
religion if I knew they wanted me involved in door knocking.

David