Hi Steve, It looks like the u-boot-spl.bin is working.  This is what I'm
seeing on my minicom console:

Welcome to minicom 2.6.1

Compiled on Feb 11 2012, 18:12:55.

Port /dev/ttyUSB0

Press CTRL-A Z for help on special keys

ot SPL 2013.07-00012-g31df114 (Jul 11 2014 - 20:33:02)

CCCCCCCCC

Is the next step to send a MLO?