I'm trying to build a new driver for a Realtek 8821C for the PocketBeagle,
and although I have managed to cross-compile the module, it fails to load
with an "invalid format" error, which I think means it thinks I compiled
with a different kernel version.

My PB is still running "4.14-ti", and I downloaded Robert's "rt-4.14"
branch onto my build machine thinking that "4.14" should be close enough.
Is my problem the "ti" branch vs the "rt" branch?  I guess I can build it
on the PB if I have to, but it is much faster to build on my desktop and,
theoretically, easier to keep track of.