Thanks, Robert.  That would work if I were compiling on the PB, but
cross-compiling on my Debian VM was different.  There may be an easier way,
but what I did was follow this: http://phwl.org/2021/building-bbg-kernel/
 to checkout the exact kernel I have on my PB, compile it, and then point
my driver Makefile to this directory.  This at least appears to work.