Dear Folks,

I need to print diagnostic message strings like:

warn "$parent/$child does not exist: verification failed\n";

in conditional blocks that are nested and indented. This means that, on occasion, the message string overflows to the next line in an 80-character line in my source file. The message, when it appears, is also broken at the same point. I would like the message to appear on one line without being artificially broken because of indentation.

I have tried looking for a perl continuation character or other likely solution and not found it. I am sure that this is a commonly encountered situation. What is the simple solution for this?

Thanks.

Chandra
30 Aug 07