R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar wrote:
I need to print diagnostic message strings like:

warn "$parent/$child does not exist: verification failed\n";

in conditional blocks that are nested and indented. This means that, on occasion, the message string overflows to the next line in an 80-character line in my source file. The message, when it appears, is also broken at the same point. I would like the message to appear on one line without being artificially broken because of indentation.

Either print a list of strings:

                warn "$parent/$child does not exist: ",
                     "verification failed\n";

or concatenate the message parts: