Dear Henry, Egon and Blue Obelisk team,

Today Peter (Murray-Rust) and I had a conversation about the future of the
source-code repositories of the WWMM and CML (XML-CML.org) projects.  The
repositories in https://bitbucket.org/cml and https://bitbucket.org/wwmm are
all using Mercurial (hg) and as Bitbucket has announced the end of their
support of Mercurial, they are subject to deletion next summer (see below).

Peter and I have agreed that we want to transfer all of the repositories
(which include projects like oscar4, JUMBO, the JUMBO-converters, the CML
schema and dictionaries) over into a new "Organization" on GitHub which
would then allow to grant merge privileges or even transfer ownership in
case a new "Doctor Who" wants to take on development.

Peter suggested that the "Blue Obelisk" might be a good place for the
repositories and I see that https://github.com/BlueObelisk already exists
and contain the code for the Blue Obelisk website and  Blue Obelisk Data
Repository.

We would like to get your feedback on a number of points:

   - Do you also think that https://github.com/BlueObelisk would be a good
   home for the WWMM and CML repositories?  The names wwmm and cml are already
   taken on GitHub.com.

   - With https://github.com/BlueObelisk already containing data, should we
   create "Teams" within the "BlueObelisk-org" to  keep things tidy and manage
   access?

   - Should we at some point migrate the xml-cml.org website to be hosted
   directly out of the Git-repository?
   This would allow publishing updates simply by merging Pull Requests. Who
   runs the current website (and manages the xml-cml.org domain)? Henry?

I'd be happy to work on migrating the repositories from Bitbucket (hg) to
GitHub (git) over the holidays and even try using GitHub Actions or
Travis-CI for building for some select repositories.

What are your thoughts?

Cheers,
Peter and Oliver