Hi all.

I'm designing an FPGA based instrument control system with a gigabit
Ethernet port.  It should be easy to make this work, but alas, it's giving
me fits.

I have a Xilinx Artix-7 FPGA on the board, driving a TI PHY using the RGMII
interface from the Xilinx tri-mode Ethernet MAC core.  It mostly works, but
not completely reliably.

If I setup the PHY in analog loopback mode, which loops the packets back to
the FPGA, I can run packets at full line rate all day with no errors.  So
I'm somewhat convinced that the RGMII link is good between the FPGA and the
PHY.

If I link the board up to a computer (I've tried a couple different ones,)
I get ~5 to 10% of the packets being received with CRC errors.

Is there anyone on the list that's designed Gigabit Ethernet hardware that
could give me a hand with this?  Any ideas that jump out?  I've run our of
ideas.

Thanks for any advice.  If you are or know a good Gigabit Ethernet guru for
hire, let me know!

John