Hello

Incorrect cabling would lead to force to dowgrade giga to fast, or no
connection at all.
With that hi level of CRC, I would first address a connector weakness (contact
not complete), or a lack of shielding in a perturbated area, and most unlikely
false pairing inside the cable ( all pairs are individualy twisted, an if you
mix two pairs...)
Try a cat 7 cable ( thick shielding of each pair, thick shielding of the
whole), and see what happens.
Regards
Jean
Le Mercredi, Février 19, 2020 03:33 CET, Ross Martin <ross.mar...@ieee.org> a