On 8/20/2023 3:45 PM, Tony Jones via cctalk wrote:
On Sun, Aug 20, 2023, 12:05 PM John H. Reinhardt via cctalk <
cctalk@classiccmp.org> wrote:

I've seen a lot of posts at the EEVblog and it seems I missed possibly the
golden age of 16700 LA by a few years price-wise.

Also unsure what you mean by this.  I wouldn't pay more than $150 for an
empty 16700B, $250 for an empty 16702B and if you have patience I suspect
you could get a 16702B with multiple cards for $350 (sometimes with some
really nice cards). Now whether the cards work is another question.
Pricing is all over the place but prices have definitely falling over time.

Hi Tony!

I got the impression that people were finding them for around $100 - $300 back
then.  The prices I see on Ebay currently are all much higher.  Certainly lower
then when they were new though.

Perhaps it's because I have only been looking about a month and my primary
source is Ebay.  Currently on Ebay, that I can see, the cheapest I see is a
16702B with a couple of 16712A cards and no pods/probes for $300 plus $120
shipping and tax.  The 16712A are the absolute minimum I think that would be
useful at 100Mhx and 8K/16K memory.  I'd still have to find at least 2 sets of
pods and probes.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/225682194711

The next cheapest is a 16700B for $430.  It has 4 interface cards but the
listing doesn't say what they are. But it's local pickup only
https://www.ebay.com/itm/314745893438

Then there is  a 16702B for $449.99 which looks like and has a 16715A card and pods.  But
the detail listing says "failed self test for: VRAM Serial Access Memory Inputs
Test, VRAM Serial Port Cell Test, and System Clocks (Master/Slave/Psync) Test." Not
sure if that's bad but is sounds like it.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/155632931934

And so on.  Am I looking in the wrong spot?

Thanks,
   John H. Reinhardt