From: Martin Bishop via cctalk <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 20, 2023 4:42 PM
To: General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts <cctalk@classiccmp.org>
Cc: Martin Bishop <mjd.bis...@emeritus-solutions.com>
Subject: [cctalk] Re: Logic Analyzers - HP/Agilent 16700B or 1670G?

You could try an AMD (ex Xilinx) logic analyser ...

Basically, use the logic analysis capabilities provided (free) by FPGA OEMs to
construct a DIY LA.  In brief, the LA is in the FPGA libraries / GUI, you do of
course have to wire them up both inside (Vivado) and outside (level shifters
and copper wire) the FPGA.

Boards which are not too expensive, and have 0.1" (ish) LVTTL interfacing are:
- https://digilent.com/shop/arty-z7-zynq-7000-soc-development-board/ which
should yield ~79 digital IOs
-
https://digilent.com/shop/cora-z7-zynq-7000-single-core-for-arm-fpga-soc-development/
 again ~79
- https://digilent.com/shop/cmod-a7-35t-breadboardable-artix-7-fpga-module/ 52
digital IO (mux A and D outboard ?)

See "Re: Low cost logic analyzer" by self on 15 Mar 23 for a previous, more
detailed post.

You may also care to consider retrocmp's offerings:
- see e.g. http://www.retrocmp.com/projects/unibone

Martin