Hi all.
It helps to be clear on what you mean. Referring to a technology or app without
being specific may ruin its reputation and what is was intended to be used for.

Discord was not intended to be an archive for information, just a way to
encourage the dissemination of information in a usable/ timely way.

Wiki’s are good for archiving info, as is the Internet Archive, but both
Wikipedia and the IA are  struggling financially  and will probably fold unless
they come up with a better business model for growth and sustainability.
I don’t think any private entity will be able to save internet information long
term.
Hell even Yahoo groups shutdown and a lot of info was lost there. Even HP has
lost a lot of the DEC archive of software and really made no attempt to recover
it.
I think the governments of the world might have to try to take on this
challenge. At least, the library of Congress should be tasked with it.

Sent from my iPhone