Hardly. The Model 100 basic had a ton of features including modem support, date/time, and so forth. Lots of programs and utilities were written in the BASIC, and games such as Heartbreaker worked perfectly.

There was also a really amazing compiler that could compile basic programs to make them smaller/even faster. I've got it on one of my Model 100 floppy disks (which still works, note the belt will turn to gunk but it's an easy thing to replace.)