I thought the CDC CYBER and 6000 series mainframes were great systems which
performed admirably for what they were designed for. I liked COMPASS, SYMPL
and NOS 1 and 2. I didn't do much work in CYBIL, but it was basically an
enhanced version of PASCAL suitable for operating systems work. What is
there not to like? These mainframes and the CDC 7600 outperformed every
other machine until Seymour Cray released his own machines.