It's a complicated topic and there is no one answer, it varies for each
cluster and depends. You have a good lay of the land.

I just wanted to mention that the correct "foundation" for equally utilized
OSDs within a cluster relies on two important factors:

- Symmetry of disk/osd quantity and capacity (weight) between hosts.
- Achieving the correct amount of PGs-per-osd (typically between 100 and
200).

Without having reasonable settings/configurations for these two factors the
various higher-level balancing techniques wont work too well/at all.

Respectfully,

*Wes Dillingham*
w...@wesdillingham.com
LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/wesleydillingham>