On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 3:38 PM, Shannon Rhodes <shan...@rhodesedge.com>wrote:

> I'm testing publishing my first web service.  The CFC works fine---I can
> call any of the functions and dump the results to the screen.  Everything I
> read online when researching how to turn this into a web service can be
> summarized as "ColdFusion makes it easy---just make your method access
> remote, then call the cfc?wsdl and it will automatically create the WSDL
> file for you".  Well, I don't know if this is unsupported in CF7 or what,
> but I get a 404 error if I try calling
> http://mydomain/mycfc.cfc?wsdl(actually, if I try to invoke as a web service,
> I get a stub error, but if I
> plug it into cfhttp I can see the page not found error returning).
>
> Where do I go from here?  My guess is it's just not generating the WSDL for
> me, but I don't know why or what to do about it.  Thanks in advance!

I'm over 50% positive this happens with useing OnRequest in applicatiton.cfc

I can't remember the work around for this off top of head since I don't do
internal WSDL calls often but believe it is due to how Application.cfc deals
whith these request.

If you can move your OnRequest logic to OnRequestStart and comment out
OnRequest it might do the trick.