How about instead adding a link to its online repo (at github, gitlab,
bitbucket, ...)? Is there a way to add those links to the eggs index
page? That would be an excellent improvement. When I look at a project's
online repo, seeing recent commits, issues, available docs, number of
"stars"/"watchers", changelog, etc. gives me a good idea of how the
project is doing and if it'll work for me.