   3. I seemed to fight the widget layout model a lot when I used it. (iii)
   4. Two of the projects I'm starting are more game than normal app,
   including plans to have a VR view.

(i) has been addressed with the latest tk, including themes apparently.
(ii) it does appear possible to use tk on android but there is no touch
support as best I can tell.
(iii) Godot seems somewhat similar to IUP with hboxes, vboxes etc.
hopefully easier for me to learn.

#2 is a big concern but #4 is the deciding factor. I really need something
that works and where I can reuse what I learn in many projects. I'd
strongly prefer to use 100% Chicken but I also need to get things done and
if I have to learn and use gd script for some of my projects I'll deal with
it. I am also starting to see the value of a well done gui designer.

What I want is a button in Godot that switches out gd script for Chicken
Scheme. That would be an awesome tool! I'll settle for doing the
communications, logic and other heavy lifting in a Chicken program and bolt
on Godot for the user interface (via tcp for now).

Just my $0.02