The manual (git current version) says:

---

integer64type
unsigned-integer64type
A fixnum or integral flonum, mapping to int64_t or uint64_t. When outside of fixnum range the value will overflow into a flonum.

[...] (Numbers between 2^62 and 2^64-1 have gaps.)

---

First of all I don't understand why it's documented as integerNNtype when in foreign prims/values one uses "integerNN", not "integerNNtype", both as arguments and return values.

But also I don't see any "flonum" (float or double I assume) in translated C code. Instead I see things like "C_int64_to_num" which seems to return bignums when out of fixnum range; no flonums, no gaps, values print out as integers, (exact? ...) prints #t even for (u)int64-max. Is the documentation out of date?

Thanks, Al