[ I replied to Felix only by mistake, so forwarding ]

Are you sure you are looking at the latest git HEAD? Both of
your assumptions are correct, but api.call-cc.org and git master
look correct to me.

Ah, you're right, thank you. It's the 5.3.0 manual that mentions the flonum fallback, even though csc 5.3.0 generates C_int64_to_num just like git-head.

I got confused by building 4 chicken versions (git-head / 5.3.0 + gcc-12 / llvm17), trying to chase down the performance problems I mentioned in the "csi slow" thread. It wasn't any of that; at this point it *seems* to be building with C_COMPILER_OPTIMIZATION_OPTIONS set to -march=native. This flag (maybe any flags, I don't know yet) not only make csi but also csc output twice as slow for my program, for all 4 CC / chicken-version combos (on my platform, CPU etc -- I'll write more in the other thread).

-- Al