> Hello everyone!
>
> My name is Miguel, and I am interested in developing in Chicken Scheme.
>
> I just created a toy project to put in practice what I have been
> learning in the Little Schemer and SICP books, you can find it here:
>
> https://github.com/MigAP/simple_db
>
> It is a simple database to store urls. I am not a developer, so I would
> appreciate any feedback from you. In particular, it is the first time I
> write unit tests, and I am not sure if this is the correct way of doing-it.
>
> I thank you in advance for any feedback. I am looking forward to start
> building stuff using Chicken Scheme!
>
> I wish you all a good day.

Hi!

Your code looks good to me. I haven't examined it in detail, but
the overall impression is fine. Also, the unit-tests seem to be similar
to what I've seen in other code by more experienced Schemers.

Note that you compile your program but load additional files via
"load-relative". This technically works, but if you want all code to
be compiled, I recommend to use "include" instead: that way,
the parts are inserted into your main program and fully compiled,
which is of course more efficient and also makes it easier to
move the compiled program around or call it from a different
location.

> PS: Is there any small/medium project that I could study to learn the
> "good practices" for Chicken Scheme? One of my goals is to use Chicken
> Scheme for scientific computing and embedded applications.

The egg sources are usually good examples for how to structure
libraries. Some of these have example programs that you might
want to study. Also, you can look at

        http://wiki.call-cc.org/Software

which lists a couple of larger projects that use CHICKEN.

cheers,
felix