Unfortunately, you're just going to have to let time calm Paco down.  He's
excited and young and full of energy -- be glad, it means he's healthy!  You
may have to limit, or at least continue to supervise, contact between Paco
ahd your lhasa until they safely work out the pecking order.  In ordinary
situations I would say leave them be, the lhasa will establish his dominance
and the pup will figure out his boundaries, but chi puppies are so tiny and
fragile at this young age, you really can't afford hostility.

Re potty training.  If you'll look in the Files section of the group's home
page, there's a .txt file I put up called housebreaking.txt.  You might
check that out.  If I were you, I would keep Paco either (a) on my lap, (b)
in my arms, or (c) confined to a small, *non-carpeted* area, such as a
bathroom, unless he's just recently gone potty.

Don't scoop him up while he's going potty.  You're sending him a confused
message -- he thinks you're upset because he's going potty, not because of
*where* he's going.  Hence the cringing.  He just doesn't understand what
he's doing wrong.  You need to set him up for success -- basically, keep him
limited so that he really can only go on the pee pad (or paper), then praise
him all over the place when he does so.

Carpet is a hindrance to potty training because once he's gone on it,
there's a scent to follow back to it.  So as I said, I'd fix up a bathroom
with a baby gate across the door, with his cushy bed area, food and water,
and then carpet the rest of it with pee pads, gradually decreasing the
number of pads as he learns.

I prefer pee pads to newspaper because (1) urine can't soak thru to the
floor, and (2) the pads are treated with a scent that encourages the puppy
to potty on them.  You can get pads in quantity very cheaply via eBay.

Anne