to and wanting a chi Dolly's coloring. "Cookie"  really  captured both of
their attentions.  Very sweet!.

Lynn

In a message dated 5/1/2011 2:45:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
joan_cr...@hotmail.com writes:

Welcome to  the group.  And a big ‘thank you’ for rescuing a Chihuahua
from the  shelter.
Yes, please  send pictures when you get her.
My name is  Joan and I live in North Las Vegas with my two Chihuahuas,
Dolly Dee and Desi  Lou.

From: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com  [mailto:Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of  freddyscribbles
Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2011 10:47  AM
To: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Chihuahuas]  New Chihuahua Owner

Hello!

A friend of mine introduced me to the breed years ago. He  worked with
rescues. Up until recently, I've been too transitory to invest the  time and
commitment necessary for taking care of a dog. However, I've just  relocated to
California and am in the process of getting settled and  re-established; I
work as a freelance artist and production manager for  animation. I was
going to wait until I was a little more stable, but the thing  I've discovered
is that financially, I'm established enough to care for a dog.  And right
now, I have the time as much of my work is done from home. Money is  a
renewable commodity. This much time at home will not always be easy to come  by
- so
if there is training that needs to be done, I have the time to do it.

I'm picking up my little girl from the shelter on Tuesday. She's
approximately one year old; brown and white apple head. She's a tiny little
thing -
she's already been up for review once and has had the
Shelter-stay-of-mercy. I also like her personality, although it will be
interesting to see how
she evolves once she's out of the shelter environment.  Amidst barking,
yapping, crying dogs, she was very quiet - no growling, no  barking. In the
kennel, she stayed curled up quite comfortably next to her  friend. She was
relatively disinterested in my attention. When I got her out  in the yard, she
perked up some. She was more than happy to quietly sniff  around and explore
her environment - so, not too timid. She is very quiet when  handle d even by
strangers - no fussing, struggling or signs of  aggression/fear. When I put
her down, she went back to exploring. When I asked  her to come, she
bounced right on over. She is very submissive - the extreme  chihuahua tail
tuck
thing. But not fearful.

So, I am very excited to  bringing this little girl home soon. I've been
doing quite a lot of research.  I'm still uncertain about food. Probably will
mix dry with wet or people food.  The brands that I've seen recommended are
AvoDerm, Innova, and Canidae.

Joined this community for the experience and knowledge. If I'm going  to do
this - I am going to do this right. Or at least try very, very hard to.  I
will post pictures when I get her home later next week. Eek - I keep
referring to her as 'she' or 'her'. Haven't quite decided on a name yet.
Probably
Pia, Pippin, Dax or Frankie.

Well hello! Wish me luck. Very  happy to have saved a little life.

<<inline: image001.jpg>>