Joan, Caramelle has tan around her eye's and it is getting stained, so I will try and see if the Benadryl will help..
Beth

From: Joan Croft <joan_cr...@hotmail.com>
To: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 11:48 AM
Subject: RE: [Chihuahuas] Eye tears?

Both Dolly & Desi have been having that lately.  I asked the vet when I took Dolly for her last vaccine.  He said to give her a quarter of a 25 mg Benadryl every 8 hours.  It is staining her fur a little.  Desi has the streams of fluid, but it really doesn’t leave a stain on him because he is already so dark…but I see it dried on him right below the eye.
You may want to try some of the Angel Eyes that is pretty much for white dogs that get the pink stain – but that is supposedly from a yeast or something.
Let me know if you hear of anything that will help.