From: Lynda <thecrittersh...@comcast.net>
To: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 2:15 PM
Subject: [Chihuahuas] Disciplining a baby

Hello everyone...as you know Miss Charlotte came home to live at the
Crittershack on Wednesday night.  She's doing great - It's been days now
without an accident off the pee pads...sleeping good (and for 6 hours) in her
crate (and she only cries a minute or two initially) - and her crate is 9 times
out of 10 clean and dry the next morning. I LOVE the way she smells...I can't
wait to get home and sniff that little puppy head.
So...I have 2 other dogs - Liza doesn't know she's a dog and doesn't
bother with other dogs. She's INCREDIBLY tolerant of Timmy my schnoodle and the
cats (who love to lay over her for warmth).  Timmy is High Energy...he's go go
go until he falls asleep but gets along with Liza and the cats perfectly ...but
Charlotte has taken to being what appears to be 'mean' to him - growling and
lunging with her little 2 pound bark.  I give a 'no' command and pull her back
away - poor Timmy looks at me and wonders 'what did I do to deserve
that'? Sometimes she's relentless in pursuing him this way. He's only growled
at her twice but he's never been challenged so I'm not sure how far he will
allow her to push until he strikes back..I don't want her to get hurt - he's
only 14# but that's big enough. Liza and Timmy are free roaming and need little
disciplining anymore. I'm very proud of them.   A few people at the vet's
office have suggested
 correcting Charlotte with a little squirt of water from a spritzer type bottle
I've never had to correct a dog or cat in this way - so I'm reaching out to all
of your for help.  I have no real place for 'time out' - I gate her in the
kitchen when I walk the other 2 outside - so I don't want to use that as a
'punishment' place and of course I'd never use her crate.

HELP...

Lynda