Hello there,

My older dog, a Chihuahua, has been with me for over 13 years. He is very
old and has been unable to stand up or walk for over a year now. He stays
sitting the whole day. We bring him his food and drink. He does dirty
himself when he needs to do it.

We are happy to continue like this, because he is still aware of everything
around him, and wags his tail when we are around, and his appetite is very
good. However our friends and neighbors keep telling us we are cruel and we
should put him to sleep. However we have no evidence that he is suffering.

Do any of you have this experience? Do you think he is suffering because he
cannot walk? Are we being cruel?

Any help in this matter is appreciated.

Thank you

Rida MORWA