From: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Joan Croft
Sent: Sunday, December 04, 2011 10:37 AM
To: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Chihuahuas] Opinon: what to do with a very old Chihuahua

If it were me, I would ask the vet.  If he doesn't walk, he could have some
spinal problems that may have actually caused some paralysis.  If he is
paralyzed it could be that he has no pain; but if he just has something
terribly wrong with his spine he could be in a lot of pain.  Dogs don't
always outwardly show their pain.it is their natural instinct to protect
themselves against being killed by other animals.

When was the last time he was to the vet, and did the vet tell you why he
would be like this?