Hi Hironori,

Thanks for researching this topic. On generating thumbnails, I wrote
chrome/browser/tab_contents/thumbnail_generator which tries to get the
most up-to-date thumbnail images for all tabs (except ones that
haven't ever been shown) with minimal performance overhead. The code
hasn't been used much in practice yet, but seems to basically work.

It was written for a tab switcher, and the intent is that it will
provide thumbnails for all services in the future (including the new
tab page and the Windows 7 features) for all platforms. So I would
definitely use that, and we should work on fixing any bugs or
limitations that pop up.

It's defaulted to off for most builds because it has a runtime
overhead and its not currently used. If you want to turn it on for
your build, it's started in the constructor for TabContents.

Brett