2009/10/23 Hironori Bono (坊野 博典) <hb...@google.com>:
> Hi Brett,
>
> Thank you so much for noticing this. I'm integrating the
> ThumbnailGenertor class into my prototype now. :)
> By the way, I'm a little wondering if there is a function that changes
> the width and the height of a thumbnail image generated by the
> ThumbnailGenerator class at run time. If not, I would like to hear
> there is a plan to add it.
> When Windows 7 shows tab thumbnails, it automatically calculates the
> width and the height of a thumbnail image so that it can show all
> thumbnails in one line. (When we open too many tabs and Windows 7
> cannot show their thumbnails, it shows a list of tab titles.) In
> brief, we cannot assume the width or the height of a thumbnail as
> constant values on Windows 7.
> So, it may be better for the ThumbnailGenerator class to have an
> interface that changes the width and the height of its thumbnails. (I
> has added code that resizes the thumbnails retrieved from the
> ThumbnailGenerator object and sends the resized thumbnails to Windows
> 7. So, I don't mind it at all.)

There isn't a way to do this. The reason is that the thumbnail
generator precalculates thumbnails in advance for many pages (for
example, when we're discarding the backing store). This means we have
to know basically when we start Chrome what the max thumbnail size
will be. It uses power-of-two downsampling to be as fast as possible,
so the actual thumbnails aren't guaranteed to be any particular size.

I would just use the default size for now. If it doesn't look OK, we
can add a future enhancement to request the size, so the ones it
generates on-demand (the ones where there is a backing store) can have
a larger size if needed.

Brett