Hello,

On Sep 2, 2012, at 22:36 PM, Bryan Baldwin wrote:

I've had some issues with wget in downloading packages from sites like
SourceForge, who do not link directly to the file. Curl works on these,
however.

Right. well I've been working on a page, rather than putting a download client into the final system build. This will give the user some suggestions, even using perl or bash from the final system to download a client.

I'm going to push it after I talk to Jonathan and get feedback from others and we all agree that this would be best.

https://berzerkula.no-ip.org/~kb0iic/cross-lfs/html/x86/the-end/ downloadclient.html

Sincerely,

William Harrington