On Sep 3, 2012, at 09:45 AM, William Harrington wrote:

On Sep 2, 2012, at 22:04 PM, William Harrington wrote:

Or use the host used to build the final system and use this wget.pl with the LWP installed on the host: which means the host system requirements would need perl with LWP:

Actually the host wouldn't need WLP, the user would need to use PERL's cpan utility or manually install the LWP. And this wouldn't work too well as I think Perl's cpan command line utility needs a download client, hehe. Cause it has to download perl modules. I'm going to verify this with my new shiny Pure 64 Sparc64 build. i'll rename the wget binary for now and test this.

Okay it looks like the perl install from final system has HTTP::Tiny and uses that to download with.

So the user can actually use the cpan client and manually configure it, choose a cpan mirror to download modules from, and then install LWP. Or any other module they want and write a program to download files. Awesome.

Or just use a script to use HTTP::Tiny!

Sincerely,

William Harrington