My sailmaker installed a glue on gray laminate material UV leech protector on
my two new roller furling laminate genoas (145 and 110) sails when they were
made.  I don’t think it is stitched but will look tomorrow.   I am not sure
what the material is, but could find out.  It last lasted for 4 years and shows
no signs of detaching or degrading.  One small spot has needed repair due I
think to shroud abrasion, and that was just done with sail repair tape.  Dave

S/V Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT