I am in the same position, but I can’t blame it on a hurricane (my stupidity
instead).  Had the topsides painted in 2021 with Awlcraft 2000 and it looked
great.  Last mark of the last race of the season in 2021 I was single-handing
and put the boat on autopilot to take the whisker pole down at the leeward
mark.  Took longer than it should have and I was not paying attention and
looked up to see the boat headed directly at the government nun buoy I was
supposed to round.  Didn’t get back to the helm in time and hit it dead on
(taking a chunk out of the bow under the roller) and then scraped along the
starboard side, trashing my new paint job.  I installed an autopilot remote
control (Madman Marine) last week to (hopefully) keep that from ever happening
again.  Dave

S/V Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT

> On Apr 19, 2023, at 10:45 AM, Dennis C. via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
> wrote:
>
> Persistence looks great, BTW.
>
> Here's Touche' after a complete topsides repaint in 2020.
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QAGmZ4qATCD4oDKd7ZmZttDDvE1wTMi9/view?usp=share_link
>
> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QAGmZ4qATCD4oDKd7ZmZttDDvE1wTMi9/view?usp=share_link>
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RRDsfvcZtg4qe6jV2c_uXDeEEfjf_jds/view?usp=share_link
>
> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RRDsfvcZtg4qe6jV2c_uXDeEEfjf_jds/view?usp=share_link>
>
> I'll post pics of the repaired area in a couple weeks.  I'm hopeful the color
> matches well.  That's the side of the boat that catches afternoon sun but
> it's only been 2 1/2 years since it was painted.
>
> --
> Dennis C.
> Touche' 35-1 #83
> Mandeville, LA
>
> On Wed, Apr 19, 2023 at 9:26 AM Hoyt, Mike via CnC-List
> <cnc-list@cnc-list.com <mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>> wrote:
> Thanks Dennis
>

> Be sure to post the after pics as well.
>

> Glad to hear that you found a good painter since those are difficult to find.
>  Also glad to hear that you are pleased with Awlcraft!
>

> Mike

Thanks for your help.
Stu