I finished my winch project yesterday and am quite happy with the result.  I
used an aluminum plate as adapter as I had planned which I drilled and tapped
for the Harken mounting holes.  Then I was able to reuse a number of the old
through deck holes plus several new ones to mount the plate (bed-it butyl
underneath).  I am not happy with the white epoxy I used to fill the 2 exposed
old holes (you can see one just to the right of the winch).  What do others use
to try to match the gelcoat and get a flat or textured surface?  Dave

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/9mkyprjmQSaSBLUrQY4lHw.CzlycRs1-zBDtkut0IoMkz

<https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/9mkyprjmQSaSBLUrQY4lHw.CzlycRs1-zBDtkut0IoMkz>

S/V Aries
1990 C&C 34+