My mast drains out a half inch tube from the mast. In the winter I have a
vinyl hose that goes out through a transducer hole and keeps the bilge dry.
I have a felt wick inside that tube to pull it uphill where need be.

In the summer it drains into a plastic pan, and I try to get down there
after heavy rain and drain the pan to keep the bilge dry.   Works great!

Bill Coleman
Entrada, Erie PA

On Sun, Jul 2, 2023, 21:33 Dean McNeill via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

> Thanks all… some great ideas!
> Dean
>
> On Jul 2, 2023, at 9:58 PM, John Read via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
> wrote:
>
> On my 34 while the mast was out I drilled 2 small holes in the aft “wall”
> and forced in 2 small plastic tubes so the water dripped into the bilge.
> Also drilled a small hole in the bottom aft of the mast so the water could
> easily get into the box.  I clean each tube with grass trimmer line as part
> of annual maintenance.  Works well.
>
> John Read
> Legacy III
> 1982 C&C 34