From: Code for Libraries [mailto:CODE4LIB@LISTSERV.ND.EDU] On Behalf Of Nate
Hill
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2011 12:49 PM
To: CODE4LIB@LISTSERV.ND.EDU
Subject: [CODE4LIB] server side vs client side

As I was struggling with the syntax trying to figure out how to use javascript
to load a .txt file, process it and then spit out some html on a web page, I
suddenly found myself asking why I was trying to do it with javascript rather
than PHP.

Is there a right/wrong or better/worse approach for doing something like that?
Why would I want to choose one approach rather then the other?

As always, apologies if I'm asking a terribly basic question.

--
Nate Hill
nathanielh...@gmail.com