dmatthews,

On 2011-04-23 17:12, dmatthews.org wrote:

I tried it but then I can't get a USB connection to 192.168.0.202 .
. which I need for x11vnc etc . .

I'm finding that is problematical with the stable v35 kernel also;
the only way I can make the desktop recognize a usb0 is by rebooting
it with the phone already connected.

That definitely does not work for me on uImage.bin-2.6.37-qtmoko - I can watch /var/log/messages on my desktop and there is no sign of detecting the USB connection . .

That is not reliable either, sometimes I have to reboot the desktop
several times. Since I switched from ubuntu lucid to squeeze (on the
desktop) around the same time as going from v26 to v34/35 on the
phone, I'm not 100% on which one has the problem :)

v35 (and v34) is quite reliable for me except for a minor glitch - immediately after rebooting, I can make a ssh connection but then it almost always hangs after a few seconds. If I reconnect again, it then lasts indefinitely (unless the FR goes into standby mode - which it does sometimes when it shouldn't - ie all the power settings are "off" for "plugged in".

Regards,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades