Am Dienstag, 11. November 2003 12:52 schrieb Robert Fox:
> I have an AVM Fritz PCI card and I'd like to see an easy to configure
> Fax solutions for modems and ISDN in Mandrake 10.
>
> SuSE has SuSEFax . . .
>
> I've been a bit confused with the efax vs. hylafax configurations and
> what is really necessary for a single use solution.
>
> This would be a nice addition to drakconf (faxdrake or drakfax?)

Allready thought about that. Two steps are done for this allready:

1) Packages of proprietary AVM drivers, which makes fax possible with
your passive ISDN card. (HINT: ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/avm-capi4linux/
;) ) A build switch for the package to compile it for different (4GB,UP
etc) kernels would be nice. I didn't found the time to find out how to
do this.

2.) a easy to use and easy to configure fax/answering machine solution)
- lets use what SuSE uses in their newest distros
(http://www.capisuite.de) . I have made a package of capisuite and
sfftobpm (which is needed by capisuite), have a look at the 9.2/apps
dir. packaging capi4hylafax shouldn't be so hard either, but
capi4hylafax+hylafax is a bit much for home and soho use i would say.
Otherwise i have a lot more often made the capi4hylafax+hylafax
solution running. capisuite i haven't even tried yet. The package is
made by a slightly changed SuSE spec.

What is needed:
Some documentation on how to make a drakwizard module or someone who can
make one with information which values needs to be filled in there.

So with a perl hacker we could be there in just a few days (hours?) :)
(From what i have seen while looking trough some drakwizard modules)

Pro for capisuite:
- small
- easy to configure
- easy extensible (using python)
- answering machine solution build in

Contra capisuite:
- gui solution for viewing/hearing messages/faxes isn't there (maybe
kdeam can be used, maybe mail delivering is enough)
- a regulary polling is used to send faxes (maybe dnotify can be used to
make this nicer ?)

I guess the Pro of hylafax is well known as well as the contras. Just
make your own picture.