I have reloaded the packages for KPPP 1 and KAddressBook 2
to my system. KAddressBook did find all my e-mail
addresses. Incidently, I also lost the game Freecell. 3

My bigger problem is I can't connect to my ISP through
my modem. The connections got lost when I upgraded. I
did use the config tool to setup the internet
connection, but none of my programs (Kmail, pan,
galleon, mozilla, opera, etc.) can connect, and all
report that they are unable to connect to the
requested host.  4

Finally, my SCSI devices have disappeared. My swap
file is on the SCSI drive, so this is a potential
problem. At least I have 512 meg of memory. 5

addressing the issues 1 package not installed old package removed during upgrade
2 see 1
3 Freecell (another package removed?)
4 auto connect does not work (on my system the setup wizard nukes the /dev/ttyS1 node and does nothing else)
so yes you would need to do a forced dial to make things work {unless AnyDrakes have a few ideas not to include the wizard}
5 moved node/ not installed node problem check the /dev chain ie is the scsi card installed??