OK, now that i have some free time to tr^H^Hdiscuss, here are some thought
about how to make contributions easier and better. I propose to discuss here,
and set up some page on the wiki when a consensus could be reached.

1) gpg signature of the contrib
Currently, contrib package are not signed, or are individually signed by
contribuer, making urmi yells every time you install them. I'd like to have
them signed, and preferentially with a unique and official mdksoft key,
instead of individual contributers keys. The reason if first they are
official mdk packages first, it's easier to manage second (i don't want to
add a new key to rpm database each time a new contributer arrive)

2) unique urpmi database on klama
Currently, each time a package has some dependance to build, we have to first
check if this dependance is either a contrib or a main package. This is both
ugly and unpractical. I want to be able to install foo-devel with a single
command, and let the system find where to fetch this package from

3) access to incoming
Only Lenny is able to retrieve SRPM uploaded on ftp.mandrakesoft.com, so we
generally ask people to also provide a link to retrieve it from elsewhere.
All contributers should be able to access incoming, whatever location it is.
Why not make people upload directly on klama ?

4) better mail adresses
Each contributer should have some kind of official mandrake-linux mail adress,
and be able to change real adress it correspond to easily. As a contributer
is someone with a shell account on klama, why not use a SMTP there,
delivering mail locally, making each one able to redirect mail to where he
wants with a simple .forward ?

5) better mailing lists
Do we really need two mailing-lists (maintainer and compil) ?
Could thoses lists get subscribers only,so as to avoid spam ?
Could subscription to those mailing list becomes automated (one shell account
-> one mail adress -> one subscription)

6) anything else ?
--
As soon as a still-to-be-finished computer task becomes a life-or-death
situation, the power fails.