Le Thu, 26 Sep 2002 23:04:51 +0000, Steve Fox a ecrit :

> On Thu, 2002-09-26 at 04:46, Frederic Crozat wrote:
>>
>> I'm not sure having assigned people per package is really a good idea =>
>> it will require a lot of people.. But your idea is somehow a variation
>> on the same theme as my idea :)
>
> Very true, but then again having just you to manage ALL of GNOME is
> tremendous pressure on you. Would you benefit from having lieutenants to
> assist you with packaging? I think having groups of reliable volunteers to
> assist (and help keep Mandrake's costs low) would be very beneficial. I am
> officially volunteering to help with GNOME packaging if you are receptive
> to this idea.

Well, I already have one unofficial lieutenant for some GNOME packages :
Götz Waschk (thanks Götz) :))

I'll be happy if other people want to help me (or other maintainers), both
for package maintainance or bug triagging/fixing..

I tend to more focus on "core" GNOME package (ie the "desktop" platform)
than extra packages (ie applications).. If you (or others) want to help,
that is great..

Maybe we should try to add a "pending queue" on contrib compilation system
which would send a mail to package maintainer when a package from main
is "contributed" by cooker folks. Lenny, Warly, WDYT ?

--
Frédéric Crozat
MandrakeSoft