On Sun, 29 Sep 2002 17:32:05 +0000, Gary Lawrence Murphy wrote:

> I don't know if this is an absolute fix, but it is a fix.
>
> It's still a mystery why xscreensaver's JPG loading works for /most/ users
> of Mandrake 9.0 but not for /any/ of my machines -- according to gdb, the
> problem was the GType system not being initialized, so how could it be
> initialized for some installations and not for others?

I'm wondering if you are not trigerring a bug in gdk_pixbuf_xlib with your
X server.. Have you tried using different resolution or color depth ?

> There was also a benign bug where the xlib_rgb_init is called twice
> (according to the docs, gdk_pixbuf_xlib_init also calls xlib_rgb_init)

This is not a problem :
calling xlib_rgb_init more than one time doesn't do anything (it just
return..)

Does adding g_type_init fixes your problem ?

--
Frederic Crozat
MandrakeSoft