On Fri, 04 Oct 2002 13:30:45 +0200, Benjamin Pflugmann wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I am able to (partially?) reproduce the behaviour.
>

> Using GNOME desktop. Metacity.
>
> 0. Changed from "point to focus" to "click to focus". It does not
>    happen with "point to focus".
> 1. Already had switcher on panel
> (left out steps 2.-5. because I did not want to delete my existing config)
> 6. I put "German keymap" on top which uses gkb_xmmap. There are 4
>    other layouts, below this one.
> 7. Logout and login. Everything works.
> 8. Pressed on switcher until I rotated through once and was on "German
>    keymap" again. BUG! Mozilla: When I click into the location bar, I
>    get no cursor.

Grrr, still no problem here :((

> Intersting things:
>
> - Until I saw it, I misunderstood the issue as having no window focus
>   at all. But the Mozilla window gets focus for me, if I click in it.
>   The widgets (e.g. the location bar) does not get the (cursor) focus.
>
> - It cures, if I switch to another desktop and back (i.e. the cursor
>   starts to blink in one of the widgets and I can click to get it in a
>   different widget). If I rotate through the switcher again, the focus
>   starts to fail gain.
>
> - I had it once fail in step 7., but not always. But step 8. is
>   reproducable every time for me.
>
> - It cures sometimes, but not always, if I switch to another keyboard
>   layout. It cures always, if I logout/login after this.
>
> - I have changed quite some desktop configs from default. Therefore I
>   am not able to say which configs exactly might influence this.
>
> - On my first try, my computer started to respond very slow (mouse
>   "hopping") for some minutes and finally mozilla crashed. Don't know
>   if this is related at all, but usually Mozilla crashes not at all
>   for me. OTOH, it never happened in the about 20 tries afterwards.
>
> - With some keyboard layouts, including "German keymap", CTRL-SPACE
>   (for the window manager menu), does not seem to work. It seems to
>   never work, if "German keymap" is the first in the list, even if I
>   choose a different layout by clicking on the panel. It seems to be
>   the CTRL key, as other window manager shortcuts with CTRL do work
>   neither.

Window manager menu is bind to "Alt-Space".. But I guess modifyin keyboard
layout modify ALT on the keyboard..

> Let me know, which infos I can provide to further investigate this.

I've asked Michal to fill a bug on bugzilla.gnome.org, feel free to add
your comment there, as soon as Michal gives us the bug number..
--
Frederic Crozat
MandrakeSoft